Military Benefit Request Form, PSC School Code: 001640
Read and complete this form. Do not leave any blanks.

Select all that apply

Federal Montgomery GI Bill:
State Grants
Military Tuition Assistance
Are you on active duty? 
Have you changed majors? 
Are you repeating a course(s)? 

Read each statement and initial below

I understand the term financial aid includes state and federal funds including but not limited to: Monetary Award Program (MAP), Pell, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), IIA, student loans, military benefits, and scholarships.
If my financial aid does not completely cover my tuition bill or I am ineligible for financial aid, I am responsible for making payment immediately to the Business Office.
I realize that until all requested information has been submitted, reviewed, and verified, financial aid will not be credited to my student account, and I will not be allowed a book voucher if eligible.
I have reviewed the Standards of Progress, and I understand I must meet all of the guidelines to continue receiving Veteran educational benefits. This includes maintaining a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) of the total attempted course hours.
I understand that each semester I must submit a Military Benefit Request form with a copy of my final class schedule. I must immediately submit a copy of my class schedule to the Coordinator of Veteran Affairs when any changes are
I understand that PSC will begin processing new enrollment certifications 45 days-prior to the start of each term and may take up to three weeks to be processed. Only one class schedule can be submitted for certification. Any adjustments decreasing enrollment may reduce my monthly educational benefits. Failure to submit a final schedule or report schedule changes can impact my certification and receipt of educational benefits.
I understand users of Ch. 33 (starting December 2021) and Ch. 1606, must verify their attendance each month while attending courses, to receive MHA.
The Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) will not pay for courses I do not attend, courses I withdraw from, and courses I complete but receive a grade that will not count towards graduation. Courses not successfully completed (including final grades of “FW”) may result in returned tuition and fees to DVA, creating a debt in my Prairie State College student account, and reduction of monthly benefits from the DVA.
A punitive grade is a grade assigned for pursuit of a course which is used in determining the students overall progress toward completion of the schools requirements for graduation.
I understand that tuition and fee payments will not be applied until after the school received funding from the VA.
For 911 GI Bill Benefits, I understand I must submit all previous transcripts to Enrollment Services for review.Failure to do so in a timely manner can result in postponed educational payments by the Department of Veteran
I understand I can not owe a repayment on any federal or state student financial aid program or be in default on a student loan and receive financial aid.
I understand that not all classes or programs are eligible for financial aid and Military Benefits, including student loans. Even if eligible for financial aid, these courses/programs will not be paid or certifies with these funds.
I understand I am responsible for dropping my classes if I choose not to attend PSC.
I understand that PSC’s financial aid office may request additional documentation to complete my financial aid award.
Federal education benefits are earned not pre-awarded. Therefore monthly benefits are paid during the beginning of the month for the previous month.
For the purpose of Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) I must be enrolled more than half-time to receive my monthly housing allowance (MHA).
The Illinois Veterans Grant, Illinois National Guard Grant, do not cover books or lab fees. Students are encouraged to complete the Financial Aid Process to see if they are eligible for additional federal assistance or a scholarship.
Veterans eligible for 100 percent payment of tuition and fees are not eligible to use state veterans’ benefits as payment for the same courses.
Enrollment certifications will not be processed until all required documents are submitted and your classes match your selected major on file with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
I understand I must complete a Change of Place/Training Form VA Form 22-1995 for Chapter 33, Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 and a PSC Transcript Evaluation Form if I decide to change my major. Both Forms can be found under Forms and Brochures in the Financial Aid section at
I understand that if I leave a school/program due to unsatisfactory attendance, progress, or conduct I must reenter the same program.

I certify that I have read and understand all items within this form and all information provided for my financial aid is true and correct.
Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 (EDT)
Type your name to sign this document:
Typing name is equivalent to a handwritten signature
Scan this QR code with your phone:
Scan QR code to sign
I understand that users of Ch. 33 ToE (starting December 2021), must verify their attendance, each month while attending courses, to receive MHA.