How to Embed a Form on a WordPress Site
If you tried to embed a form on your WordPress site, you probably found out that the form doesn't show on the page. That's because recent versions of WordPress strip out the
iframe HTML tag from the form embed code.
Before we show you how to embed a form with WordPress, note that every online form has a standalone version with its own FormSmarts.com URL. You can add a link to this URL on any site or blog and share it on social media and in emails. To find the URL of a form, log in to the form builder and click on the icon corresponding to the form you want to add to your website.
Install a WordPress iFrame Plugin
An iframe plugin for WordPress (there are many) will allow you to embed a form on your WordPress site.
- Log in to your WordPress site
- Browse to the
/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=plugin-information&plugin=iframepage of your WordPress site. For example if the URL of your WordPress site is
https://www.example.com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?plugin=iframein the address bar of your browser.
- Click on the Install Now button 1
- If your WordPress installation is configured to allow the software to install updates and plugins automatically (default), you should be all set. If not, you need to download the plugin and install it manually.
- Activate the plugin in the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard
Add the Embed Code to a Page or Post
Use this tool to generate the WordPress Embed Code and paste it in the Text view of the WordPress editor illustrated on the screenshot below.
If you need help, please feel free to contact us.
- Although we found that this WordPress plugin worked at the time of writing, please note that FormSmarts has no control over third-party software and that listing on this page does not signify that we endorse it or that it is safe to use.