Archive for February, 2013
FormSmarts allows you to offer three types of discounts to your customers on your PayPal forms: fixed amount discounts, percentage discounts and discount codes.
Fixed Amount Discount
- Syntax: My Discount (-$5 USD)
- Example form with a fixed amount discount
- You may offer more than one discount, but not more than there are paid items selected.
- Syntax: Discount Percentage (-25%)
- Example form featuring a discount rate
- You may only add one discount rate to a form
- Percentage discounts are not supported on SuperCart forms
- If you’re offering a fixed discount on the same form, both may not be selected at the same time
Last but not least, FormSmarts now supports discount codes. With discount codes, the buyer will only get the fixed amount discount if they enter a valid coupon code.
- Try this example with the discount code FSCP-DEMO
To offer discount codes on your forms:
- Add a text box to your form selecting the data type Letters + Numbers
- Create the discount code on FormSmarts with the API Console as documented and shown in this video.
- Promo codes must start with FSCP- and may only contain alphanumeric characters and dash.