Archive for December, 2020
The form builder allows you to configure a date and time in the future when a form will be enabled or disabled.
Click the ‘pause’ or ‘play’ icon corresponding to the form you would like to suspend/restore. Select the Schedule option:
- Choose whether you want to enable or disable the form
- Set the date and time when you want to the form to be enabled or disabled (form changes can only be scheduled at the top of the hour)
- Select a timezone if the date & time you’ve entered are in a timezone different from the timezone of you account. You can update your timezone in your account.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Configure a registration form to open and close registrations for an event at a preset date and time
- Specify an application period for an application form
- Set up a form so it is only available online at specific hours (e.g. weekdays 9am-10am) or days (e.g last day of the month) to support workflows, policies, and internal reporting requirements within your organization
The form builder interface currently only allows us to schedule events at a specific date and time, but FormSmarts also supports recurring scheduled actions. Consider a policy that expense claims must be submitted weekly every Friday from 12pm to 5pm. We can configure the expenses claim form to be enabled every Friday at noon and disabled at 5pm via the API Console. If you need help with this, please contact Support.