Archive for the ‘event registration’ Category
Why You Should Add a Calendar Invite to Registration Confirmation Emails
A calendar invitation is a type of email attachment that allows the person to easily add an event to their calendar, often by just accepting a prompt on their phone.
When you create an event registration form, you should always customize the confirmation email and set up a calendar invitation with the details of your event.
Calendar invites are supported by most mail and calendar apps. They typically provide a seamless experience, allowing users to import the calendar entry with your event details by simply accepting a prompt on their phone or computer.
Adding a calendar entry helps people organize their time and save the date of your event. And of course, reminds them to attend!
Calendar invitations are supported by Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail and Calendar on iOS and Mac OS, and the Gmail and Google Calendar apps on Android, iOS and on the web.
Feel free to try this demo and add the test event to your calendar.
Setting Up a Calendar Invitation for an Event
FormSmarts supports calendar invitations with the confirmation emails associated with all types of forms: the registration and payment confirmation emails we send on payment forms, standard auto-responder emails, and the opt-in confirmation emails users can request on the summary page of a form.
To add a calendar invite to an event registration confirmation email:
- Sign in to the form builder and find the registration form for the event
- Click the button showing a pencil to edit it
- In the Submit Actions tab, click or tap into the Confirmation Email Text box
- Edit the confirmation email text as needed
- Click the button showing a calendar (outlined with a red circle on the image above) to set up an event calendar invitation
Edit Event Information
FormSmarts needs some information about your event to create the calendar invite:
- The event title, which is pre-filled with the form’s title
- The event start date, time, and timezone
- The event location (or URL for an online event)
- The event organizer email. Note that the organizer email is shared in the invite, so use the public email address of the your organization if you have privacy concerns.
- Finally, the organizer name and the event end date and time are optional.
Keep Event Details Up-to-Date
Calendar invites are linked to a specific one-time event, so unlike most form settings, they are not inherited when you make a copy of a form.
Remember to add your event details when you create a new registration form or update them if you use the same form for several events.
Posted on Feb 6th, 2023 in event registration.
Post a Comment
Tags: confirmation email, e-ticket, payment