How to Accept Payments in Installments for Your Events
Allowing your customers to pay in installments on a form is as easy as collecting a one-off payment.
Consumers are increasingly demanding to be able to pay for goods and services in installments. If you organize an event that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars, you may have to provide an option for attendees to pay in several installments.
To offer a payment plan on a form, format the description of the fee, the number of installments and the amount of each installment as:
Pay in 3 installments (3x$50 USD/month).
Payment Flow for Payments in Installments
The payment process for a payment in installments is slightly different from a standard payment:
- A registrants pays the amount of the first installment ($50 in this example) immediately when they submit the form
- When the payment goes through, FormSmarts sends the registration details to the destination emails of the form and also sends a confirmation email to the registrant
- The registrant is charged the same amount a month later and again the next month
- FormSmarts notifies form recipients of each installment payment
- You can view a registration and all associated payments on FormSmarts
Note that a payment plan is not a credit or buy now pay later scheme.
Payment in installments are not available with Starter accounts.