Explore Form Results with Data Search
The Data Search function allows you to access past interactions with your customers, discover related form entries, and explore form data collected in your account.
When we create just about any online forms other than anonymous surveys, we ask users to provide their contact details so we can reply. That makes email addresses and phone numbers almost universal identifiers for the individual or organization associated with a form submission.
The Search function allows you to look up form responses by email address or phone number across all your forms. FormSmarts considers all email addresses and phone numbers present on a form, as long as you set the corresponding input field to the email or phone datatype.
Which Processes Could Benefit From Search?
We anticipate many customers will start using this feature in their daily workflows to:
- Quickly find all forms submitted by a person; for example, all applications submitted by a customer
- Identify customer records, so members of your team can view them online, add notes, update incorrect information, organize and change the status of an entry with tags, or remove data, for example when required by privacy laws
- Discover related form responses
- Monitor the latest forms submitted with the latest command.
We plan to further develop this tool to include additional options to search by tag, dates, and customer-defined ID. If you have needs not covered by the current version, please let us know in the comments section.
Team Access: Results Depend on the User
FormSmarts has two types of members: account owners (admins) and invited users with whom they’ve shared online forms.
All users may search form entries, but invited users only see results if they have permissions to access aggregate form responses on a form. Note: the permission setting is somewhat confusingly named Generate Report in the User Dashboard.
Invited users can view the forms shared with them and the permission they were given in their account.
Searching Phone Numbers
When looking up a phone number, please be aware that:
- A local number like (220) 222-2002 won’t match the same number with an international dialing code: +1 220 222 2002 and conversely
- Phone number extensions are ignored.