Introducing Multi-User Accounts
FormSmarts supports accounts with multiple users, allowing an account owner to give invited users access to selected online forms.
How to Enable Multiple User Accounts
- Set up an account alias
- Create users
- Manage user permissions
Set Up an Account Alias
Before allowing sub-users to sign in to FormSmarts, you first need to set up an alias for your account. The alias must be unique and easy for users to memorize. A good choice is probably your organization or department’s name. Users will need to enter the account alias on the log in screen.
To create an account alias, visit the Account Overview panel of your account.
Create a User
- Users sign in to FormSmarts with their email address, account alias and password
- Before creating a user, add their email address to your account in the Settings Tab of the Form Builder and verify it
- Users can’t change their auto-generated password at this time, they need to ask the account administrator to reset it for them
Manage User Permissions
For each form, a user can be granted permission to:
- access individual form entries online or download a PDF (e.g. from the link in email notifications)
- download form attachments (file uploads)
- generate Excel reports
- add tags and notes to a form entry
- edit or delete a form entry
How to Sign In as an Invited User
We’ve updated the log in screen to allow all FormSmarts members to sign in on the same page. Account owners (aka account admins) can sign in in the usual way with their email address and password. Invited users also need to enter the account alias provided by their account admin as shown in this video.
Multiple users are available with our Business Plus package and above.
Posted by FormSmarts on
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:06 am in collaboration, form builder.
Permalink · Comment
Tags: business, collaboration, form attachment, form results, form to excel, form to pdf, howto, team, user