Posts Tagged ‘team’
Many FormSmarts members use our online forms within their organization, team or with external collaborators. With Private Forms, customers can now restrict who can submit a form to authorized users and identify the person who submitted each form entry.
Unlike other FormSmarts forms, a Private Form:
- can only be accessed and submitted by a user attached to the form owner’s account (find out how to add users to your FormSmarts account)
- each form entry is associated with the user who submitted it, who’s username is displayed in the email notification, PDF, online and Excel report.
Please try out this demo with the following login info:
- Account Alias: formsmarts_demo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: 0TJN`ky#
As part of FormSmarts collaboration features, we’re introducing Routing Policies. Routing policies allow you to change the destination email address of a form each time it is submitted, depending on certain criteria.
Until recently the only option was for each email subscriber to receive a copy of the notification message when a form is submitted. FormSmarts now also supports alternative behaviors.
With User-Selected Recipient, users select to whom the form response is sent from a list on the form.
For example, a company might want to allow its customers to submit both sales and customer support inquires online. Customers should be able to choose on the form whether their inquiry is sent to the sales or customer support department.
With Round-Robin, form entries are sent to email subscribers in turn, thus automatically sharing the workload between collaborators in a team.
In the example below, four customers are submitting the same online form. The form was set up for round-robin routing between two colleagues, Clare and David. The first time the form is submitted it’s sent to Clare, the second time it’s sent to David, then to Clare again, then to David again, and so on.
Setting Up a Form’s Routing Policy
This short video shows how to set up a routing policy.
The steps are also listed below:
- Visit the Forms Tab of the form builder and click on the icon showing a pen corresponding to the form you would like to edit
- In the drop-down list under Form Subscribers, check all email addresses that you would like to take part in the routing policy (participants)
- Save changes
- Click Change email routing policy and select the relevant policy
- Save changes
FormSmarts now supports accounts with multiple users, allowing an account owner to give invited users access to selected online forms.
How to Enable Multiple User Accounts
- Set up an account alias
- Create users
- Manage user permissions
Set Up an Account Alias
Before allowing sub-users to sign in to FormSmarts, you first need to set up an alias for your account. The alias must be unique and easy for users to memorize. A good choice is probably your organization or department’s name. Users will need to enter the account alias on the log in screen. This short video shows how to create an alias with the API Console.
Create a User
As presented in the video tutorial below, the account administrator can create users with the API Console. The user’s email, with which she’ll be able to sign in, must have already been added to FormSmarts in the Settings Tab of the Form Builder and verified. The auto-generated password can’t be changed by the user at this time, but the account owner can easily reset it.
Manage User Permissions
For each form, a user can be granted permission to:
- access individual form entries online or download a PDF (e.g. from the link in email notifications)
- download form attachments (file uploads)
- generate Excel reports
- more options to be added
How to Sign In as an Invited User
We’ve updated the log in screen to allow all FormSmarts members to sign in on the same page. Account owners (aka account admins) can sign in in the usual way with their email address and password. Invited users also need to enter the account alias provided by their account admin as shown in this video.
Multiple users are available with our Business Plus package and above.